Friday, January 2, 2009


We have the BEST dog in the whole world.  She is so patient, gentle, and most of all tolerant with the boys. Hence the following story:

New Year's Eve I found Silly Putty smeared on the seat cushion of our couch.  I didn't stress too much about it; it's an old couch, and I was able to scraped most of the Silly Putty off with little effort.

We headed off to Grandma & Papa Ito's house to celebrate Christmas with Tom's family. Upon our return we noticed that Lainie seemed sad and sluggish. I just figured she was missing her best doggie friend, Jennie, or was tired from playing fetch with Jacob earlier in the day.

The next morning as we were getting ready for the day, Tom mentioned that there was Silly Putty on the sheets of our bed.  Kind of strange, until I noticed Lainie's butt.  She had it stuck to her fur and smeared, probably from trying to lick it off, in a patch that was about the size of a doughnut.  It was rubbed in so close to her skin that there would have been no way to cut it out.

I was able to remove it after several attempts to rub vegetable oil in it.  Poor girl, she was not too fond of all the attention her hind end was getting, but she tolerated all the picking and pulling of her hair.

She must have forgiven me; I woke up to her warming my feet in bed this morning.


1 comment:

Reese said...

Oh Lainie, that's why we love her!