Thursday, January 22, 2009

Love You Lucky

I've been eagerly checking my mailbox day after day for my newest purchase. One of my favorite jewelry sites is Heart on Your Wrist.  They make the cutest little silver charms which can be personalized with names, symbols, stones, etc.  

Last fall Tom ordered two of their tiny Thai charms with the boys' names on them.  After the holidays I gave some thought to how to spend a bit of money that my mother-in-law said not to let slide into the grocery fund.  You know how that goes, any stash of cash ends up in your wallet and then is spent on things other than what is was intended for.  So anyway, I decided to order myself these new charms; a tiny silver puffy heart, two fresh water pearls, and then.....a "love you lucky" charm.

So why "love you lucky"?  If you don't know the story, here it is.  

Ever since I can remember Tom has had a special of tucking the boys into bed at night, he's extra sweet that way. :-)  Part of his routine used to include, "I love you, and I'm lucky to have you."  Over the years that has been shortened to, "Love you, lucky". We say it to the boys each and every day as do they as well.  Its nice to have something like that that you share with your family. 

I love you Tom, and I am the lucky one to have you and the boys in my life!

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is SO CUTE! I wondered what that meant....

Reese said...

Aww, I love that you made a charm out of it. It's always been one of my favorite sayings of your guys'. Hope Jaden feels better.