Monday, November 2, 2009

Lost in Life but Still Here

It's been a long two months since my last post as I've adjusted to life working full time, teaching a new grade, and balancing it all with being a mom. Life could not be better....well, maybe some free time would be nice. It's been a lot easier to relax around here since the boys are able to play outside with out me hovering over them every minute. We're still loving our new neighborhood.

Kindergarten has been an awesome change. Even after the most frustrating of days, the kids come bouncing back in with smiles on their faces the next morning. Not a day goes by where I don't see growth and learning taking place....not as easily seen with the 6th graders. My grade level team of teachers is wonderful. Our lessons and activities are almost identical in all 6 classroom, yet there is lots of room for me to add my own ideas. My highest students are all well on their way to reading this month. Those that entered kindergarten knowing only a handful of letter sounds know sounds for almost all 26 letters. Today as we walked to lunch they were chanting the words to one of our sight word songs, "I like you, you like me, I spell like L I K E...."


Photos are on their way with the next post. :-)

No comments: