Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why Burney?

So here is they reason we head to Burney Falls each summer. Leslie & I started teaching together 8 or so years ago. Besides being my job share partner for many years, she has grown to become one of my best friends. She has all of those qualities I admire in a teacher and a friend; she's organized, hard working, conscientious, creative, honest, trustworthy...the list goes on and on. She's always there to lean on when the going gets tough, or when I'm feeling blue.

It's fun to spend time away from school with her, and to see her silly side come out: jumping into the lake after sundown, singing her campfire song, laughing just a little too loudly after "quiet hours" have started.

I have lost track of the number of years that Leslie has camped at Burney, but her husband, Bryan, is on year 30 I believe. Brayden has camped there every summer since he was born, so 6 years so far. We'll never catch up to with them, but plan to join them for many more summers to come.

No comments: